Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Book Review: Ghosts

GHOSTS: The New Graphic Novel full of... SUPERNATURAL FUN

Hey guys! This weekend boo review is featuring the newest graphic novel by Raina Telgemier... GHOSTS! I borrowed it from my friend and finished it in ONE DAY it's SO GOOD!!!

So, here's my usual character analysis on the main characters...

CHARACTER ANALYSIS STARTS
CATRINA (AKA CAT): Cat is the main main character, as in she's the main subject of the book. Cat moves to Bahia de la Luna with her sister Maya and her family in the beginning. Cat is very protective of Maya and hates to see her upset, though Maya enjoys doing everything Cat does. She doesn't believe in ghosts at first until she actually meets them.

MAYA: Maya is Cat's younger sister, who has Cystic Fiberosis (I think I spelled that right...). That's a disease that affects your breathing and digestion. She goes through lots of treatments, such as a vest that loosens the mucas around her lungs, a machine that helps her get nutrients her food cannot give her, and a breathing tube eventually. Maya is hyper, active, and loud who loves singing and playing around everywhere. She gets upset when she can't do certain things, cuz apparently her family moved so she 'could do stuff.'

CARLOS: Carlos is 'ghost tour boy' who takes people on tours of the town where ghosts can be. He is the boy living next door to Cat. He and Cat meet when Maya runs into the 'haunted' arcade. After that, Carlos's mom invites Cat's family for dinner. Cat hates Carlos at first and he tells her about Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead.) Then, Carlos introduces Cat to his ghost uncle, Jose during the Dia de los Muertos celebration.
CHARACTER ANALYSIS ENDS

Prepare for a REVIEW!!!

So, Ghosts would probably appeal more to ages 9-16 girls. It is probably my favorite book out of EVERY Raina Telgemier book! (Smile, Sisters, Drama) It could be realistic if it didn't have ghosts in it, but you can REALLY relate to the characters and it's just SO very lovable in every way. Anyone book loving person would love it and just when you think it can't get any better... IT DOES! This book seems like something a creative mind could, and probably would, dream about! Take my word for it when I say it'll ROCK YOUR SOCKS! It's a real page-turner and any need to stop reading, for even a second would break your heart! 


I hope this review was better this time, guys! I'll try to make my next review longer!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I don't read many graphic novels but this one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of graphic novels, but this one has received so much attention. And, I like the fact there is a character with cystic fibrosis in it. Thanks for you great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one; I thought it had some interesting twists.

    ReplyDelete