The Magician's Nephew Review

MMGM: The Magicians Nephew

Hey guys! In case you're wondering, MMGM stands for Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays, and it's because I'm emailing this to Shannon Messeger, and she needs to know it's an MMGM. My book blog thing may even get feature on Shannon's website. Check it out at shannonmessenger.com. So... LIGHTS... CAMERA... ACTION! (That's a theater thing!)

Okay, let's get this party started!

So, The Magician's Nephew is ACTUALLY the first book in The Chronicles of Narnia series! The poor book is only an origin story! 

In the beginning, we meet Polly Plummer, a curious, yet cautious little girl! We soon after meet Digory Kirke, a reckless, messy boy who has no regards for personnel safety! After a little while, Polly and Digory head to Digory'd house for a little exploration and we meet Uncle Andrew. The MAGICIAN!! Uncle Andrew, (or Mr. Ketterly) is a cruel man who only cares about himself and his safety. 

Now that we got done with the caracters, let's move on to my actual review!

The Magician's Nephew is a book I'd FOR SURE recommend. It may be a little religious in Christian terms, mentioning people being the 'Sons of Adam' and 'Daughters of Eve' and a reference to the Story of The Garden of Eden, with Digory's temptation to eat an apple from the Tree of Youth, instead of bringing one to Aslan. (In Adam and Eve's story, they are convinced to eat an apple by a snake) It's nothing like you'd expect it to be with twists and turns in every place. The way the author, C.S. Lewis wrote the book, it's almost as if he is actually talking to you ad telling you the story of Polly and Digory's travelings to Narnia.

Even the villian is amazing! Queen Jadis of Charn! She's as evil as it's possible to be! She's so evil it's almost as if she's... I dunno... Voldemort-like from Harry Potter or Kronos-like from Percy Jackson.

And, this book is great like that, you don't even NEED to like Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. It's nothing like either of those books... it's its own form of amazing. Totally unique and it's a REAL page-turner!

So, if you like FANTASY or MAGIC then I'd run to the library and grab The Magician's Nephew. Even if you don't like fantasy OR magic, give it a try. 

It's not too long and definitely doesn't take up to much space! So give it a try! I bet you'll love it! 

Comments

  1. Sorry for a short and not-so-good post, dudes! Don't worry, I'm workinig on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for a short and not-so-good post, dudes! Don't worry, I'm workinig on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! It's great! (Don't worry, review writing is hard!) This was actually one of the books that got me into reading. Welcome to MMGM! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning on actually becoming weekly!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your review. I don't believe that I read the Magician's Nephew, although I though I had read the entire series. Elements seem familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Narnia, so it's always nice to see someone writing wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading, all of you! I plan on making MMGM posts to Shannon Messenger more weekly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, welcome to MMGM! The Narnia books are some of my all-time favorites and this is indeed an amazing story. My daughter read them over and over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Ghosts

JOURNAL 3